In order to best protect the health and safety of the Silent Voice community – the clients and families we serve, our stakeholders, staff and volunteers – and the community at large, Silent Voice is taking the following precautionary measures:
- Cancelling or postponing events, program gatherings, and large meetings
- The Saturday Program will be postponed until further notice.
- March Break drop in on Wednesday and Thursday March 18 & 19th is cancelled.
- Our 45th anniversary fundraising event scheduled for April 29, 2020 will be postponed to September 2020.
- Sports clinics and workshops will not be scheduled until it is safe to do so
- Limiting access to the office
- Community Support Services will conduct client appointments remotely via video conference – zoom, skype, facetime – whenever possible
- Following protocols for ASL sessions in homes:
- Handwashing before and after in-home sessions
- Cancelling if a family member or the staff is not feeling well
- Asking about recent trave
- Limiting use of public transit
- Work-from-home opportunities for staff
- Reduced number of staff in the office
If you have any questions about how to make an appointment, or if a program is running, or how to reach us for more information, please email staff or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visit the Silent Voice website www.silentvoice.ca often for Silent Voice Covid-19 Precautions Announcements.
We will update you about the spring tax clinic as soon as we have more information.