Skip to main content

Settlement Services

About the program

Silent Voice supports Deaf newcomers and immigrants in settling and integrating into Canadian society by providing orientation to useful and accurate information needed when making settlement decisions, and understanding life in Canada, its laws, rights, responsibilities and how to access community resources.  We conduct needs assessments; help you set short and long term goals and the steps to achieve them; and we offer one-to-one support.

If you are a Permanent Resident of Canada, a protected or convention Refugee, or Persons in Need of Protection, contact our settlement services.

Settlement Services program graphic

Who can access settlement services?

  • Permanent Residents of Canada
  • Protected Refugee, Convention Refugees  or Persons in Need of Protection
  • Individuals who have been selected, in Canada or overseas, to become permanent resident and have been informed by letter from Citizenship and Immigration Canada
  • Convention refugees and protected persons overseas who have been selected for resettlement in Canada by Citizenship and Immigration Canada
  • Temporary Residents working in Canada with a work permit under the Live-In Caregiver Program
  • Applicants overseas who have been informed, by letter of confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada, of the approval of their temporary work permit.

Settlement Services at Silent Voice

  • Needs Assessment and Referrals
  • Information and Awareness
  • Language Learning and Skills Development (referrals)
  • Employment-Related Services
  • Community Connections
  • Support Services
Photo of settlement program class

Common Forms in ASL

Need help to understand forms? You will find some common forms with ASL translations on our Resources page!

Go to Forms

Request more information