Temporary Contract (up to 26 weeks)
Silent Voice is currently seeking a Settlement Worker. The Settlement Worker reports to the Director of Programs and is responsible for providing direct and essential services to support Deaf newcomers to Canada in settling and integrating into Canadian Society. The settlement services include conducting client needs assessment for immediate and long-term settlement needs, making referrals to various services within and outside the community and providing updated information relevant to immigrant needs. The services are provided in American Sign Language (ASL).
The primary responsibilities required for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct client intake and assessment to identify immediate and long-term settlement needs and types of services required
- Respond to the assessed needs by providing services such as: assistance with locating housing; orientation to the community, rights and responsibilities; community referrals; limited ASL-English interpretation service; translation service of documents from written English to ASL; assistance with completing various government documents and forms; assistance with finding family doctor, dentist, etc.; assistance in job search, employment or continuing education.
- Connect with service providers, and other stakeholders on an on-going basis, to determine current resources, programs, and available services for newcomers
- Provide outreach services to families and produce outreach materials
- Maintain required program records and submit monthly and annual reports to the agency and Immigration, Refugee, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
- Maintain overall management of client caseload and ensure appropriate and confidential handling of client information and files on multiple databases
- Operate in accordance with the policies, guidelines, and protocols of the program and partner organizations
- Perform other duties as required under the direction and supervision of the Director of Programs and the Silent Voice Executive Director.
DEADLINE: Candidates are invited to indicate their interest in this position by sending a resume and cover letter by April 22, 2022 to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest in Silent Voice. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.