Silent Voice is currently seeking an office administration support staff member. Reporting to the Office Administrator and the Volunteer Assistant, the ideal candidate will have skills required to function in an office environment. The candidate must be able to multitask, work with minimal supervision and be flexible enough to move between projects as priorities shift. This position requires in-person attendance at the office 3 – 4 days a week (at minimum).
Duration: Temporary Contract
Hours of Work: 25-30 hrs per week
The primary responsibilities required for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Data entry to a cloud-based system – will involve scanning documents and artwork
- Information gathering and organization as required
- May be required to lend support to various departments within the organization
- Other duties as assigned by Office Administrator and Volunteer Assistant
Positive attitude, English and ASL communication skills are considered an asset, knowledgeable and respectful of Deaf culture. Excellent organizational skills, professional, self-starter, able to multi-task and work in a team setting. Strong computer skills are required. Skills in video editing, graphic design are an asset. Have a positive attitude, excellent organizational and time management skills.
Canada Summer Jobs Candidate Criteria:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of employment*;
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment; and,
- have a valid Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial or territorial legislation and regulations.
*The youth must be 15-30 years of age at the beginning of the employment period. The youth may have a birthday and become 31 years of age during the employment period.
Candidates are invited to indicate their interest in this position by sending a resume and cover letter to email@example.com by Friday July 23rd, 2021 (email only, no telephone calls please).
We thank all applicants for their interest in Silent Voice. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.