Silent Voice is currently seeking Family Communication Program ASL Instructors for contractual work with families and will report to the Director of ASL and Family Education. FCP Instructor will be responsible for providing ASL instruction to the families with Deaf/Hard of Hearing family members. Other duties include those related to developing ASL lessons and ASL resources, modeling learning strategies, and providing support to acquire ASL.
The primary duties required for this position include, but are not limited to:
• Teaching families ASL in their homes/community sites;
• Work with families in establishing their ASL language learning goals and adjust to meet the needs of the family to achieve their ASL goals;
• Submit progress reports to the agency;
• Maintaining overall management of caseload and ensure appropriate and confidential handling of families’ information and files;
• Operating in accordance with the policies, guidelines, and protocols of the program; and
• Performing other duties as required under the direction and supervision of the Director of ASL and Family Education.
Candidates are invited to indicate their interest in this position by sending a resume and cover letter by September 30, 2020 to Megan Youngs, Director of ASL and Family Education at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Silent Voice. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.