Silent Voice is currently seeking 1 full-time IHP ASL Consultant for one-year contract with possibility of extension. The IHP ASL Consultant reports to the Director of ASL and Family Education and is responsible for providing ASL consultation services of the Ministry of Children, Community and Social Services (MCCSS) Infant Hearing Program (IHP) to families. Silent Voice’s IHP ASL Services include conducting intake, language assessment, developing and monitoring language development plans, teaching families ASL, modeling learning strategies, and providing tools and resources to acquire ASL. This is done as part of the IHP team.
The primary duties required for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting family intake and language assessments to identify immediate and longer-term needs and types of services/resources/referrals required
- Working with families and the IHP team to develop communication plans, set goals, and priorities; monitor plans and adjust to meet the needs of the family to achieve goals
- Conducting in-home and site visits and consultation through technology to teach and model language acquisition
- Teach ASL to families in the IHP ASL Services (remote ASL instruction to parents and family members)
- Develop ASL lessons and ASL resources to provide support to families learning ASL
- Conducting research and creating an inventory of resources with Director of ASL and Family Education, to connect families with local resources on an on-going basis
- Evaluating and monitoring families’ progress and planning, with Director of ASL and Family Education
- Maintaining required program records and submit monthly and annual reports to the agency
- Maintaining overall management of client caseload and ensure appropriate and confidential handling of client information and files
- Operating in accordance with the policies, guidelines, and protocols of the program and partner organizations
- Performing other duties as required under the direction and supervision of the Director of ASL and Family Education, and the Silent Voice Executive Director.
Candidates are invited to indicate their interest in this position by sending a resume and cover letter by September 30, 2020 to Megan Youngs, Director of ASL and Family Education at email@example.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Silent Voice. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone/TTY calls please.