In order to best protect the health and safety of the Silent Voice community – the clients and families we serve, our stakeholders, staff and volunteers – and the community at large, Silent Voice is taking the following precautionary measures:
- The Silent Voice office is closed for in-person appointments and meetings until further notice.
- All ASL sessions in homes are suspended until further notice.
- Community Support Services will conduct client appointments remotely via video conference – Zoom, Skype, Facetime – whenever possible.
ASL consultants and Family Communication Program instructors may get in touch with their families via video conference – Zoom, Skype, Facetime – whenever possible.
Silent Voice staff will work from home offices.
- All Silent Voice events, program gatherings, clinics, workshops, and meetings are cancelled or postponed.
- The Saturday Program will be postponed until further notice.
- The spring tax clinic will be postponed until further notice. Tax return deadline has been postponed as well.
- Our 45th anniversary fundraising event scheduled for April 29, 2020 will be postponed to September 2020.
- Sports clinics and workshops will not be scheduled until it is safe to do so.
If you have any questions about how to make an appointment, or if a program is running, or how to reach us for more information, please email staff or email@example.com.
NEW is a COVID-19 – Stay at Home section on the Silent Voice website www.silentvoice.ca filled with important updates and announcements, ideas for stay-at-home activities, all in ASL, and links to information from other organizations in the Deaf community. Visit www.silentvoice.ca often for more information and updates.
Stay calm, stay home, and stay well.