1 FTE Program Assistant Position
Silent Voice is the only non-profit, charitable organization in the GTA that provides community- and family-based support to Deaf children and adults in American Sign Language (ASL). The Agency provides Deaf children and youth recreational, sports, and leadership programming otherwise not accessible to them; teaches American Sign Language (ASL) to families where there is a Deaf child; runs the Sign Language Summer Program ASL day camp for Deaf children and their hearing siblings; reaches out to disadvantaged Deaf adults; provides essential services to those in need; provides settlement services; works in partnership to improve access to community services; and provides the ASL language development services of Ontario’s Infant Hearing Program.
Silent Voice is currently seeking 1 FTE Program Assistant who will report to the Director, ASL Family Education and Services, and will be responsible for providing support to the program director and program staff. Other duties include those related to managing databases, public relations, event planning, and communication with families, clients and community service providers.
The primary duties required for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the Director of ASL Family Education and Services, and program staff;
- As a member of the Silent Voice team, provide back up support to the Office Coordinator; greet clients and direct them to the appropriate staff member; answer questions and forward messages;
- Plan and schedule meetings and appointments, travel and accommodation;
- Promote Silent Voice programs and services as directed, assist in the design of promotional material (digital and print);
- Coordinate interpreting assignments for both in-house and freelance interpreters;
- Manage databases (client files, assessments, reports, statistics, tracking reports etc.);
- Assist with the coordination of agency and community events, etc.;
- Assist with the maintenance of the corporate website and social media sites;
- Perform general administrative duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, scanning, faxing, mailing, shredding, filing and courier;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Self-motivated, detail-oriented, energetic, and highly organized
- Team player and outstanding writing, editing, data entry, and proofreading skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects are essential
- Computer proficiency
- High standards of professionalism
Candidates are invited to indicate their interest in this position by sending a resume and cover letter by May 25, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest in Silent Voice. However, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.View PDF