Director of Development – Full-time position
Silent Voice is the only non-profit, charitable organization in the GTA that provides community- and family-based support to Deaf infants, children, youth and adults in American Sign Language (ASL). The Agency provides social-recreational programs in ASL for Deaf children and their hearing brothers and sisters, provides sports and leadership programming to Deaf youth, and teaches ASL to hearing family members. Silent Voice provides services to Deaf adults: one-to-one support, housing resource centre, free tax clinic, education programming, settlement services to newcomers, and special assistance and outreach services to disadvantaged Deaf adults living in the community.
Director of Development
- responsible for the agency’s fundraising programs – proposals, direct mail, special events, monthly giving, and major gifts.
- Responsible for developing prospects and generating financial support through cash and in-kind sponsorships from key individual donors, community, corporate, government, grassroots fundraising and online campaigns. This includes the development, implementation, management and evaluation of a comprehensive plan and approach to fundraising and new business development programs.
The primary duties required for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and implement a full range of fund development and communication strategies to meet fundraising goals
- Create long-term strategic growth plans, as well as annual operational plans that set goals, objectives, targets and budgets for fundraising.
- Create and execute a strategy to grow and sustain a base of annual individual, corporate and foundation donors
- Conduct comprehensive research in order to identify and recommend potential funding prospects and opportunities
- Develop and implement innovative and strategic communication and solicitation strategies to build donor loyalty, improve retention and increase the size of the supporter base.
- Manage the various fundraising activities including by not limited to volunteer recruitment support to the fundraising committee of the board, budget development and management, project plan development, management and evaluation and solicitation of gifts in kind and sponsorship.
- Ensure appropriate donor relations including acknowledgement letters and other correspondence, newsletters, special mailings, telephone and in-person contact
- Develop fundraising materials including proposals, grant applications, presentation decks,
reports, acknowledgements and donor reports
- Enhance online fundraising and develop strategy for community and third party fundraising
- Develop marketing and communication materials
- Recommend, establish and implement donor recognition program
- Build and sustain positive relationships with all sponsors and partners, donors, vendors and
- Ensure that the database used to record and acknowledge all gifts is accurate and up-to-date
and that gifts are acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Responsible for the management of the fundraising database and ensuring the timely
distribution of tax receipts.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills:
- University or College graduate with concentration in business or related field
- 5- 7 years of experience in fundraising. CFRE designation preferred and demonstrated
quantified success in Fundraising
- Demonstrated success in business development, prospecting, soliciting and closing
- Excellent presentation and written communication skills with meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated tact, diplomacy and interpersonal skills to liaise with internal and external
- Solutions oriented with a customer service orientation and the ability to proactively identify
and manage challenges
- Strong organizational skills to determine work priorities and manage multiple projects
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to build and maintain positive working
relationships and work in a collaborative environment
- High level of professionalism and drive, with an enthusiasm and passion for delivering results
- Proven data management and analysis skills
- Proficient in the Microsoft office suite, social media platforms, and expertise in using Donor
Perfect is an asset
- A valid driver’s license, use of personal car and willingness to travel are required
- Knowledge of legislation surrounding charities and charitable giving
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Proficiency in American Sign Language (ASL) is an asset; willingness to learn ASL
Candidates are invited to indicate their interest in this position by sending a resume and cover
letter by January 29, 2018 to MaryWu@saintelizabeth.com.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Silent Voice. However, only candidates selected
for an interview will be contacted. No telephone calls please.